Why join the Fish Lake Area Residents Association?
- To stay informed about critical lake issues.
- To learn how to be a good overseer of our natural resources.
- Help all of us to keep water clarity.
- Work together to protect the fishery.
- Stay informed about and participate in the long range Lake Management Plan, designed to protect our lake.
- To join a neighborhood partnership for the lake projection that encompasses and encourages action at the local, county, and state level. Remember, it takes action at all levels to impact change.
Your membership helps support:
- Annual spring clean-up of Fish Lake walking paths;
- Rough Fish Management Plan--reducing "rough fish" such as carp to promote stronger populations of sporting fish such as walleyes, northern pike, crappies and others;
- The hiring of a fish and aquatic consultant to develop a long-term plan of improving lake and water quality conditions;
- Monitoring and controlling beaver populations and related issues;
- Analyzing summer lake levels and communicating with Hennepin County Parks and Recreation personnel; and
- Participating in Lake Quality Commission meetings and the lobbying of City Council Members on important issues affecting our lake.
To become a member of FLARA, renew your dues, or get more information on becoming a member, please contact FLARA Membership Chair Tami Monk at email@example.com for more information and a membership package. Or check out the green Join Us! button on this site for a copy of the membership form and dues information.
Thank you for your support of FLARA as we work together to protect the quality and enjoyment of Fish Lake and its surrounding natural resources.
News & Events 9/27/2017
July 2017 FLARA Board Minutes
Read the July 12, 2017 board minutes by clicking on this link.Read More Read ALL